Ideas & Recipes
Chocolate and Coconut Paleo Sundae
Makes 4 individual sundaes
Chocolate is always a winner at PJ HQ and normally everyone else agrees; our Chocolate Brownies are one of our most popular products as they taste so rich and indulgent without the added sugars, grain, gluten or dairy.
In this recipe we’ve PIMPED out our chocolate brownie by layering on coconut cream and sprinkling on our crumbly and coconut-y Paleo Bites and chocolate sauce to make an indulgent desert for any chocolate lovers out there
For the chocolate brownie mousse
- 1 banana
- 1 ripe avocado (trust us…it works)
- 50g cacao powder
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 4 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 Primal Joy Chocolate Brownies
For the Coconut Cream
- One tin of full fat coconut cream (left in the fridge to chill overnight)
- 1 tsp of Nielsen-Massey organic sugar free vanilla
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar ( optional; the coconut cream is naturally sweet – but feel free to add some if you prefer it a little sweeter)
For the Crunchy, Chocolate, Coconut Topping
- 1 Snack pack of Primal Joy Cacao and Coconut Bites
- 1 tsp of cacao nibs
- Raspberries to garnish (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (except the brownies) to a blender and whizz together until smooth, then cut up the brownies into really small pieces and combine. Once you have mixed the two delicious components together, put in the fridge to set a little.
- For the coconut cream, open the coconut milk that has been chilling in the fridge overnight and scoop out the firm layer that has formed on top of the can. Place this cream in a large bowl. Add the vanilla and sweetener and whisk with an electric whisk until peaks start to appear (this took us about five minutes).
- Once the coconut cream is whisked and firm, grab your mousse mix from the fridge and begin assembling your sundaes: add a layer of mousse then a layer of coconut cream, then a delicious layer of our cold pressed Cacao and Coconut bites and finally adorn with cacao nibs and raspberries.